- AKA: Artequakt System.
- It is designed to answer questions of the type "Who is <artist X>?".
- It first populates a knowledge base with information extracted from the Web and then using this knowledge base to produce artist biographies.
- It uses an Ontology based on CIDOC CRM, which was originally developed to annotate cultural heritage documentation.
- Its Narrative Generation follow a manually specified "biography" template.
- It avoids duplication and contradictions by applying manually developed heuristics (during a "consolidation" step).
- ArtEquAKT: The Artequakt project aims to implement a system that searches the Web and extracts knowledge about artists, automatically producing tailored biographies of artists.
- (Alani et al., 2003) ⇒ Harith Alani, Sanghee Kim, David E. Millard, Mark J. Weal, Wendy Hall, Paul H. Lewis, and Nigel R. Shadbolt. (2003). “Automatic Ontology-based Knowledge Extraction from Web Documents.” In: IEEE Intelligent Systems, 18(1).