- It was developed by Ross Quinlan's research group.
- It can process both Discrete and Continuous Learning Tasks.
- It was a common Benchmark System for Supervised Learning Tasks through the 1990s.
- It implements the C4.5 Algorithm.
- The source for the eight release is at http://www.rulequest.com/Personal/c4.5r8.tar.gz
- It is written in Sun C, so if compiling with gcc 4 or hivher, it may require the inclusion of the code
#include <stdlib.h>in many of the
.cfiles and compilation with the flags:
CFLAGS = -fno-builtin-exit -fno-builtin-strcat -fno-builtin-strncat -fno-builtin-strcpy -fno-builtin-strlen -fno-builtin-calloc ...
../Src/c4.5 -f golf
- See: J. Ross Quinlan.
- (Quinlan, 1996) ⇒ J. Ross Quinlan. (1996). “Improved Use of Continuous Attributes in C4.5.” In: Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 4.
- (Quinlan, 1993a) ⇒ J. Ross Quinlan. (1993). “C4.5: Programs for machine learning." Morgan Kaufmann. ISBN:1558602380