A Domain Expert is an expert in some expertise domain.
- AKA: Subject Matter Expert, SME.
- They can be a Human SME (such as a Skilled Professional), or an Expert System.
- They can provide Background Knowledge relevant to a Task.
- A Curator.
- A Biomedical Researcher, who is able to understand a biomedical research paper.
- A Topographer.
- A Toponymist.
- An Ontologist.
- a Roboticist.
- See: PPLRE Manual Evaluation Task
- (Sen et al., 2015) ⇒ Sagnika Sen, Jie Tao, and Amit V. Deokar. (2015). “On the Role of Ontologies in Information Extraction.” In: Reshaping Society through Analytics, Collaboration, and Decision Support.
- QUOTE: We focus on knowledge-based IE methodologies that are particularly suitable for business domains characterized by few subject matter experts' tacit and uncodified domain knowledge.