- AKA: Research Study, Discovery Project.
- a Research Program, is an unending initiative.
- See: Research Act.
- ... It is used to establish or confirm facts, reaffirm the results of previous work, solve new or existing problems, support theorems, or develop new theories. A research project may also be an expansion on past work in the field. To test the validity of instruments, procedures, or experiments, research may replicate elements of prior projects, or the project as a whole. The primary purposes of basic research (as opposed to applied research) are documentation, discovery, interpretation, or the research and development of methods and systems for the advancement of human knowledge. Approaches to research depend on epistemologies, which vary considerably both within and between humanities and sciences. There are several forms of research: scientific, humanities, artistic, economic, social, business, marketing, practitioner research, etc.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=research%20project
- S: (n) scientific research, research project (research into questions posed by scientific theories and hypotheses)