Application Software System
(Redirected from Application Software)
- It can (typically) be referenced by an Application Software Directory.
- It can (often) be a Domain-Specific Application.
- It can range from being a Consumer Application Software to being an Enterprise Application Software.
- It can range from being a Desktop Application to being a Web-based Application to being a Mobile App.
- It can range from being an On-Site Application Software to being a Software Application as a Service.
- It can range from being a Customizable Application Software System (customization) to being a Non-Customizable Application Software System.
- It can range from being a Personalizing Application Software System to being a Non-Personalizing Application Software System.
- It can be instantiated in a Running Application Software Instance.
- It can be launched by a Application Launch Process.
- It can be retired by a Application Retirement Process.
- a Customer Relationship Management Application, such as Salesforce.com's CRM service.
- a Content Management Application, such as WordPress.com CMS service.
- an Educational IT Solution, Government IT Solution, Healthcare IT Solution, ...
- a Desktop Application Software.
- a Payment Application, such as a PayPal's payment service or Stripe's payment service.
- a Messaging Application, such as Twilio's text messaging service.
- a File Sharing Application, such as Dropbox's Datastore.
- an NLP Application Program, such as LinguaSys' GlobalNLP service.
- an Image Classification Application, such as Clarifai's image classification service.
- a Synchronization Application, such as Google's Firebase service.
- a Fraud Detection Application, such as Sift's Fraud detection service.
- a Forms Application, such as Typeform's form service and SurveyMonkey's survey form service.
- a Product Management Application, such as SaaS Bug Tracking Service.
- a Colloboration Application.
- an Information Worker Software, such as an office suite.
- a Gaming Application.
- a Media Player (Application Software).
- Accounting Software
- See: System Software, Graphics Software, Document File Format, Product Bundling, Computing Platform, Geographic Information System, Killer Application.
- (Wikipedia, 2022) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software Retrieved:2022-1-5.
- An application program (application or app for short) is a computer program designed to carry out a specific task other than one relating to the operation of the computer itself, typically to be used by end-users. Word processors, media players, and accounting software are examples. The collective noun refers to all applications collectively. The other principal classifications of software are system software, relating to the operation of the computer, and utility software ("utilities"). Applications may be bundled with the computer and its system software or published separately and may be coded as proprietary, open-source, or projects. The term "app" often refers to applications for mobile devices such as phones.
- (Wikipedia, 2022) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software#Terminology Retrieved:2022-1-5.
- In information technology, an application (app), application program or application software is a computer program designed to help people perform an activity. Depending on the activity for which it was designed, an application can manipulate text, numbers, audio, graphics, and a combination of these elements. Some application packages focus on a single task, such as word processing; others, called integrated software include several applications.  User-written software tailors systems to meet the user's specific needs. User-written software includes spreadsheet templates, word processor macros, scientific simulations, audio, graphics, and animation scripts. Even email filters are a kind of user software. Users create this software themselves and often overlook how important it is. The delineation between system software such as operating systems and application software is not exact, however, and is occasionally the object of controversy. For example, one of the key questions in the United States v. Microsoft Corp. antitrust trial was whether Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser was part of its Windows operating system or a separable piece of application software. As another example, the GNU/Linux naming controversy is, in part, due to disagreement about the relationship between the Linux kernel and the operating systems built over this kernel. In some types of embedded systems, the application software and the operating system software may be indistinguishable to the user, as in the case of software used to control a VCR, DVD player, or microwave oven. The above definitions may exclude some applications that may exist on some computers in large organizations. For an alternative definition of an app: see Application Portfolio Management.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=software
- S: (n) software, software program, computer software, software system, software package, package ((computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory) "the market for software is expected to expand"
- (computing) A set of computer programs which work together to solve a particular problem or to be used for a particular user-defined application.
- Ceruzzi, Paul E. (2000). A History of Modern Computing. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. .