Category Set Member
(Redirected from Class Member)
A category set member is a concept set member in a set member relation with a category set/concept class.
- AKA: Concept Class Member.
- Its membership to a Concept Class can be predicted by a Predictive Classifier.
- It can have a 'Concept Class Member Identifier, such as a Category Label.
- a Mammal is a member of the category set Animal.
- "A cat is a mammal." ⇒ "A 'cat' is a member of the 'mammal' concept class"
- "Jane Wong is a person."
- See: Classification Task, Subsumption Relation, Instantiation Task.
- (Bikel et al., 1999) ⇒ Daniel M. Bikel, Richard Schwartz, and Ralph M. Weischedel. (1999). “An Algorithm that Learns What‘s in a Name.” In: Machine Learning, 34. doi:10.1023/A:1007558221122
- QUOTE: … Although we have primarily applied our approach to the NE problem, we have begun to tackle additional term classification tasks. All classes are contiguous sequences of words where local context usually contains enough information to identify the term as a class member.