Internet-based Software Application
(Redirected from Internet-based Service)
A Internet-based Software Application is a software application that is delivered from Internet-based servers.
- AKA: Cloud-based Application.
- It can range from being provided by a Custom Internet Application Platform or by a Cloud-based Service Provider.
- See: PaaS Solution, On-Site Application, Online Service, Bandwidth Throttling.
- (Webb et al., 2001) ⇒ Geoffrey I. Webb, Michael J. Pazzani, and Daniel Billsus. (2001). “Machine Learning for User Modeling.” In: Journal for User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, 11(1-2) doi:10.1023/A:1011117102175
- QUOTE: The current ML for UM resurgence has witnessed tremendous research activity. In contrast, the field still has a dearth of fielded applications. The resulting difference between research interest and [[Commercially Deployed System|commercially deployed system]]s is especially apparent in the field of Internet-based applications.