Named Entity Mention Classification Task
(Redirected from Named Entity Classification Task)
- AKA: NE Reference Resolution.
- input: A set of Artifacts in which the Named Entity Mentions have been Tagged.
- output: The correct Named Entity Mention Class associated with every Named Entity Mention.
- measure: Accuracy.
- It can be solved by a Named Entity Mention Classification System (that implements a named entity mention classification algorithm).
- It can be a part of the Named Entity Recognition Task.
- Map "[Jane Zhou] went to [São Paolo]”. ⇒ "[Jane Zhou|PERSON] went to [São Paolo|LOCATION:CITY]"
- See: Text Understanding Task