Organizational Mission Statement
- It can (often) be associated to a Mission-Driven Organization.
- It can be supported by Organizational Values.
- It can be associated to an Intrinsic Work Motivation.
- It can range from being a Overall-Organizational Mission Statement to being a Sub-Organizational Mission Statement.
- It can range from being a For-Profit Organization's Mission Statement to being a Not-for-Profit Organization's Mission Statement.
To proudly serve and protect the public with respect and integrity." (City of Palo Alto Police Dept. [https://www.cityofpaloalto.org/gov/depts/pol/about.asp”
The government of XXXX exists to promote and sustain a superior quality of life in XXXX. In partnership with our community, our goal is to deliver cost-effective services in a personal, responsive and innovative manner.”
Connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful.” (LinkedIn Corp.)
Empower people through great software, any place, any time, and on any device.” (Microsoft Corp. 2015-).
The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit.." (Southwest Airlines ).
Empower YYYY's machine learning (ML) engineers to deliver ML models into production."
- See: Organizational Values Statement, Organizational Culture, Mission Critical System.
Vision - The dream; a team's true north. Primary objective is to inspire and create a shared sense of purpose throughout the company.
Create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce
Mission - Overarching objective of the organization; should be measurable, achievable, and ideally inspirational. Should not be used synonymously with a vision statement. A great mission statement is brief, easy to remember, minimizes the use of the word "and" (to prevent a laundry list), shouldn't require follow-up clarifying questions when first presented, and ideally proves to be uniquely identifiable to the company, i.e. wouldn't be confused for another company's mission.
Connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful