Supervised Rank Prediction Task
(Redirected from Supervised Ranking Task)
A Supervised Rank Prediction Task is a data-driven rank prediction task that is a supervised ordinal prediction task.
- AKA: Learing-to-Rank (LTR).
- It can be solved by a Supervised Rank Prediction System (that implements a supervised rank prediction algorithm).
- predict the rank of ads that will optimize clickthrough rate.
- See: Supervised IR.
- (Liu, 2009) ⇒ Tie-Yan Liu. (2009). “Learning to Rank for Information Retrieval.” Foundations and Trends ® in Information Retrieval, 3(3).
- (Herbrich et al., 1999) ⇒ Ralf Herbrich, Thore Graepel, and Klaus Obermayer. (1999). “Support Vector Learning for Ordinal Regression.” In: Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks.
- QUOTE: Problems of ordinal regression arise in many fields, e.g., in information retrieval (Herbrich et al. 1998), in econometric models (Tangian and Gruber 1995), and in classical statistics (McCullagh 1980; Anderson 1984). They can be related to the standard machine learning paradigm as follows: ...