Website Visitor Session
(Redirected from Web Session)
A Website Visitor Session is a service session composed pageview events connected by clickthough events for a single web browser visitor.
- It can (typically) create a Website Navigation Path.
- It can (typically) have a Start Time.
- It can (typically) have a End Time.
- It can range from being a Bounce Session to being a Non-Bounce Session.
- See: Server Session, Web-based Application, Web Analytics.
- (Wikipedia, 2020) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_(web_analytics) Retrieved:2020-12-9.
- In web analytics, a session, or visit is a unit of measurement of a user's actions taken within a period of time or with regard to completion of a task. Sessions are also used in operational analytics and provision of user-specific recommendations. There are two primary methods used to define a session: time-oriented approaches based on continuity in user activity and navigation-based approaches based on continuity in a chain of requested pages.
- (Wikipedia, 2020) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_(web_analytics)#Definition Retrieved:2020-12-9.
- The definition of "session" varies, particularly when applied to search engines. Generally, a session is understood to consist of "a sequence of requests made by a single end-user during a visit to a particular site".In the context of search engines, "sessions" and "query sessions" have at least two definitions.A session or query session may be all queries made by a user in a particular time periodor it may also be a series of queries or navigations with a consistent underlying user need.
- (Eirinaki & Vazirgiannis, 2003) ⇒ Magdalini Eirinaki, and Michalis Vazirgiannis. (2003). “Web Mining for Web Personalization.” In: ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), 3(1). doi:10.1145/643477.643478
- QUOTE: ... A user session is defined as a delimited set of user clicks across one or more Web servers. A server session is defined as a collection of user clicks to a single Web server during a user session. It is also called a visit. ...