A Technical Concept is a concept that is used solely among the members of a technical domain.
- AKA: Domain-Specific Concept.
- It can be the Referent of a Technical Term.
- It can (typically) be associated with a Discipline.
- a Logical Concept, within the Logic Discipline, such as: Modus Tollens.
- a Mathematical Concept, within the Mathematics Discipline, such as: Real-Valued Function.
- a Linguistic Concept, within the Linguistics Discipline, such as: Lexeme.
- a Statistics Concept, within the Statistics Discipline, such as: Bernoulli Experiment.
- a Data Mining Concept, within the Data Mining Discipline, such as: Fitted Decision Tree Model.
- an Economic Concept, within the Economics Discipline, such as: Share of Capital in National Income.
- any General Concept, such as water or pain.
- See: Common Concept.