(Redirected from news article)
A News Article is an article document that covers news (recent events of broad interest).
- AKA: News Item/Story.
- It can have:
- a Document Title (a News Article Title).
- a Document Body (a News Article Body).
- a Document Author.
- It can be PartOf a News Corpora.
- It can be associated with a News Publisher, such as a newspaper.
- It can range from being a Truthful News Item to being a Fake News Item.
- It can have:
- a Newswire Article.
- a NYT Article.
- a Blog Item.
- See: Text Document Category.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=news%20article
- S: (n) news article, news story, newspaper article (an article reporting news)
- A news article is an article published in a print or Internet news medium such as a newspaper, newsletter, news magazine, news-oriented website, or article directory that discusses current or recent news of either general interest (i.e. daily newspapers) or on a specific topic (i.e. political or trade news magazines, club newsletters, or technology news websites).
- A news article can include accounts of eyewitnesses to the happening event. It can contain photographs, accounts, statistics, graphs, recollections, interviews, polls, debates on the topic, etc. Headlines can be used to focus the reader’s attention on a particular (or main) part of the article. The writer can also give facts and detailed information following answers to general questions like who, what, when, where, why and how.