Preferred Term Name
(Redirected from preferred term)
- AKA: Preferred Term, Preferred Concept Name.
- See: Controlled Vocabulary, Descriptor.
- (Dextre Clarke et al., 2008) ⇒ Stella Dextre Clarke, Alan Gilchrist, Ron Davies and Leonard Will. (2008). “Glossary of Terms Relating to Thesauri and Other Forms of Structured Vocabulary for Information Retrieval." Willpower Information
- Preferred term: A term in a controlled vocabulary, such as a thesaurus that may be used as a controlled indexing term.
- (ANSI Z39.19, 2005) ⇒ ANSI. (2005). “ANSI/NISO Z39.19 - Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Monolingual Controlled Vocabularies." ANSI.
- QUOTE: "preferred term One of two or more synonyms or lexical variants selected as a term for inclusion in a controlled vocabulary. See also non-preferred term.