(Redirected from query)
- AKA: Information Request.
- It can be an Interrogative Sentence to a Question Answering System.
- It can range from being an Unstructured Language-based Query (such as a keyword query) to being a Structured Language-based Query (such as SQL query).
- It can range from being an Underspecified Query to being an Overspecified Query.
- It can range from being a Declarative Query to being an Imperative Query.
- It can be a Keyword Query (e.g. to an IR system).
- It can be a Database Query (e.g. SQL query).
http://server/path/program?field1=value1&field2=value2&field3=value3is a URL Query String
SELECT Name FROM PublisherDB.Authors WHERE ID=23972, a SQL Query.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Query+Pattern, a Web Search Query / Keyword Query.
- a Lucene Query.
- See: Declarative Statement.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=query
- S: (n) question, inquiry, enquiry, query, interrogation (an instance of questioning) "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
- S: (v) question, query (pose a question)