Information Retrieval (IR) Relevance Measure
(Redirected from relevance (information retrieval))
- AKA: IR Relevance, IR Pertinence, IR Aboutness.
- See: Relevance Measure, Information Need, Information Science, Information Retrieval.
- (Wikipedia, 2020) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relevance_(information_retrieval) Retrieved:2020-9-3.
- (Cooper, 1971) ⇒ W.S.Cooper (1971). "A Definition of Relevance for Information Retrieval". In: Information storage and retrieval, 7(1), 19-37. DOI:10.1016/0020-0271(71)90024-6.
- QUOTE: The concept of "relevance", sometimes also called "pertinence" or "aboutness", is central to the theory of information retrieval. Unfortunately, however, there is at present no consensus as to how this notion should be defined. The purpose of this paper is to propose and defend a definition of what it means to say that a piece of stored information is "relevant" to the information need of a retrieval system user.