Software Debugging Task
(Redirected from software debugging)
A Software Debugging Task is an System Failure Analysis Task whose input is a software program.
- AKA: Program Debugging.
- performance measure: ...
- It can range from (typically) being Manual Software Debugging to being Automated Software Debugging.
- It can be solved by a Software Debugging System.
- See: Software Development, Computing System Analysis.
- (Gupta et al., 2017) ⇒ Rahul Gupta, Soham Pal, Aditya Kanade, and Shirish Shevade. (2017). “DeepFix: Fixing Common C Language Errors by Deep Learning.” In: Proceedings of AAAI 2017, (AAAI 2017).
- QUOTE: The problem of automatically fixing programming errors is a very active research topic in software engineering. This is a challenging problem as fixing even a single error may require analysis of the entire program. In practice, a number of errors arise due to programmer's inexperience with the programming language or lack of attention to detail. We call these common programming errors. These are analogous to grammatical errors in natural languages. Compilers detect such errors, but their error messages are usually inaccurate. ...