(Redirected from subsequence)
- See: Suffix, Prefix, Phrase, Longest Common Subsequence Task, Substructure, Sequence.
- (Wikipedia, 2015) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/subsequence Retrieved:2015-2-9.
- In mathematics, a subsequence is a sequence that can be derived from another sequence by deleting some elements without changing the order of the remaining elements. For example, the sequence [math] \langle A,B,D \rangle [/math] is a subsequence of [math] \langle A,B,C,D,E,F \rangle [/math]. They should not be confused with substring which is a refinement of subsequence.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=subsequence
- S: (n) sequel, subsequence (something that follows something else)
- S: (n) posteriority, subsequentness, subsequence (following in time)
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=sequence
- serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern; "the sequence of names was alphabetical"; "he invented a ...
- a following of one thing after another in time; "the doctor saw a sequence of patients"
- film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- arrange in a sequence
- succession: the action of following in order; "he played the trumps in sequence"
- determine the order of constituents in; "They sequenced the human genome"
- several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys
- A set of things next to each other in a set order; a series; A series of musical phrases where a theme or melody is repeated, with some change ...