A Browser Applet is a program that runs on a web browser.
- AKA: Applet.
- a Bookmarklet.
- See: Application (Computing), Program (Computing), Plug-In (Computing), Java Applet, Web Page.
- (Wikipedia, 2013) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/applet Retrieved:2013-12-2.
- In computing, an applet is any small application that performs one specific task that runs within the scope of a larger program, often as a plug-in.   The term is frequently used to refer to a Java applet, a program written in the Java programming language that is designed to be placed on a web page. The word applet was first used in 1990 in PC Magazine.
- ↑ "AskOxford: applet", Oxford Dictionaries. Accessed on July 21, 2009
- ↑ "applet: Definition from Answers.com", Answers.com. Accessed on July 21, 2009
- ↑ "Oxford English Dictionary". 2011. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. http://www.oed.com. Retrieved 2011-08-23