Computer Science (CS) Research Task
(Redirected from Computational Research Task)
A Computer Science (CS) Research Task is a research task that addresses CS research questions to expose computational knowledge.
- It can (typically) be performed by a Computer Scientist.
- It can be instantiated into a Computer Science Research Act.
- It can investigate a Computing Science Research Questions (which center around Computer Systems and their Algorithms).
- It can range from being Applied Computer Science Research Task (e.g. Bioinformatics Research) to Theoretical Computer Science Research Task (e.g. Complexity Analysis Research).
- See: Computing Science Research Domain.
- (Mitchel, 2006)
- QUOTE: A Computer Scientist asks: “How can we build machines that solve problems, and which problems are inherently tractable/intractable?”