Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=humanities
- S: (n) humanistic discipline, humanities, liberal arts, arts (studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills)) "the college of arts and sciences"
- S: (n) humanity (the quality of being humane) •S: (n) humanness, humanity, manhood (the quality of being human) "he feared the speedy decline of all manhood"
- S: (n) world, human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind, man (all of the living human inhabitants of the earth) "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
- Plural form of humanity.
- the branch of learning that includes the arts, classics, philosophy and history etc., but not the sciences