A Prediction System is a decision system that can solve a prediction task (by implementing a prediction algorithm).
- It can range from being a Heuristic Prediction System to being a Data-Driven Prediction System (such as a supervised prediction system).
- It can be created by a Prediction System Creation Task, which might involve a Model Training Phase.
- It can be evaluated by a Prediction System Evaluation Task.
- a Classification System.
- a Forecasting System.
- an Estimation System.
- a Data-Driven Link Prediction System.
- a Predictive Ranking System, such as a recommender system.
- See: Prediction Event, Item Recommendation System, Credit Scoring System.
- (Agrawal, Gans and Goldfarb, 2018) ⇒ Ajay Agrawal, Joshua Gans, and Avi Goldfarb. (2018). “Prediction Machines: The Simple Economics of Artificial Intelligence.” Harvard Business Press.