Regular String Expression
- any Simple String Pattern.
- a dollar sign immediately followed by one or more digits, and then optionally a period and exactly two more digits.
- the word "car" when preceded by the word "blue" or "red"
- See: Regular Graph Expression, Perl Regular Expression, Java Regular Expression.
- (Wall et al., 1996) ⇒ Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen, and Randal L. Schwartz. (1996). “Programming Perl, 2nd edition." O'Reilly. ISBN:1565921496
- regular expression: To normal people, it's a pattern that you can use to find what you're looking for when it varies from case to case. Example of a regular expression: /Oh s.*t./ This pattern will match strings like "Oh say can you see by the dawn's early light," and "Oh sit!".