A Text Entry Interface is an User Interface that is used to input text to an electronic device.
- a Computer Keyboard,
- a TU-T Text Entry,
- a Virtual Keyboard,
- a Voice Recognition System,
- a Handwriting Recognition System,
- a Individual Letter Selection,
- a Light Pen,
- a Touch Screen,
- a Digital Pen,
- a Graphics Tablet,
- a Punched Card Input.
- See: Text Processing System, Typesetting System, Text Encoding-Decoding System, Text Encoding Initiative.
- (Wikipedia, 2020) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_entry_interface Retrieved:2020-2-16.
- A text entry interface or text entry device is an interface that is used to enter text information an electronic device. A commonly used device is a mechanical computer keyboard. Most laptop computers have an integrated mechanical keyboard, and desktop computers are usually operated primarily using a keyboard and mouse. Devices such as smartphones and tablets mean that interfaces such as virtual keyboards and voice recognition are becoming more popular as text entry systems.