(Redirected from blogosphere)
- See: User Generated Content, Social Network, Blog Service.
- The blogosphere is made up of all blogs and their interconnections. The term implies that blogs exist together as a connected community (or as a collection of connected communities) or as a social network in which everyday authors can publish their opinions. Since the term has been coined, it has been referenced in a number of media and is also used to refer to the Internet.
- The Blogosphere: The collective community of all blogs is known as the blogosphere. Since all blogs are on the internet by definition, they may be seen as interconnected and socially networked, through blogrolls, comments, linkbacks (refbacks, trackbacks or pingbacks) and backlinks. Discussions "in the blogosphere" are occasionally used by the media as a gauge of public opinion on various issues. Because new, untapped communities of bloggers and their readers can emerge in the space of a few years, Internet marketers pay close attention to "trends in the blogosphere".
- (StateOfThe Blogosphere, 2011) ⇒ StateOfThe Blogosphere. (2011). “State of the Blogosphere 2011: Introduction and Methodology.” In: Technorati Published: November 04, 2011
- QUOTE: The Blogosphere is constantly changing and evolving. In 2011 we are seeing bloggers updating their blogs more frequently and spending more time blogging. The type of information influencing blogging has shifted from conversations with friends, which was the primary influence in 2010, to other blogs, which for 68% of bloggers are having more of an influence in 2011
2011-11-26 Total identified blogs: 177,972,824 New blogs in last 24 hours: 92,818 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 1,320,949
2011-Feb-23 Total identified blogs: 156,448,362 New blogs in last 24 hours: 75,452 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 1,044,691
2010-Jan-02 Total identified blogs: 127,305,018 New blogs in last 24 hours: 45,558 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 830,643
- (Agarwal & Liu, 2009) ⇒ Nitin Agarwal, and Huan Liu. (2009). “Modeling and Data Mining in Blogosphere.” Morgan & Claypool. doi:10.2200/S00213ED1V01Y200907DMK001
2009-Feb-28 Total identified blogs: 103,609,379 New blogs in last 24 hours: 50,684 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 312
2008-Feb-11 Total identified blogs: 72,488,717 New blogs in last 24 hours: 63,555 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 416
2007-Feb-03 Total identified blogs: 40,390,087 New blogs in last 24 hours: 48,617 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 732,083
2006-Mar-14 Total identified blogs: 24,314,822 New blogs in last 24 hours: 75,967 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 700,417
- (Adamic & Glance, 2005) ⇒ Lada A. Adamic, and Natalie Glance. (2005). “The Political Blogosphere and the 2004 U.S. Election: divided they blog.” In: Proceedings of the 3rd international workshop on Link Discovery. doi:10.1145/1134271.1134277
2005-Mar-24 Total Blogs: 9,251,188 New Blogs in last 24 hours: 37,695 Blog posts indexed in last 24 hours: 576,128