Clinical Decision Support Task
(Redirected from Clinical DS Task)
- AKA: Medical Decision Support, CDSS, Interactive CDSS.
- It can be solved by a Clinical Decision Support System.
- It can include Medical Therapy/medical treatment selection which can consider effectiveness, risk, cost and other factors (it can include Medical Prevention),
- It can include Medical Diagnosis which can include differential diagnosis based on findings and diagnostic test.
- It can include Medical Etiology that identifies the factors that cause the disease
- It can include Medical Prognosis that estimates the patient's likely course over time.
- See: Legal Decision Support.
- Clinical decision support system (CDSS) is an interactive decision support system (DSS) Computer Software, which is designed to assist physicians and other health professionals with decision making tasks, such as determining diagnosis of patient data. A working definition has been proposed by Robert Hayward of the Centre for Health Evidence; "Clinical Decision Support systems link health observations with health knowledge to influence health choices by clinicians for improved health care". This definition has the advantage of simplifying Clinical Decision Support to a functional concept. It is a major topic of artificial intelligence in medicine.
- Experts use predictive analysis in health care primarily to determine which patients are at risk of developing certain conditions, like diabetes, asthma, heart disease, and other lifetime illnesses. Additionally, sophisticated clinical decision support systems incorporate predictive analytics to support medical decision making at the point of care. A working definition has been proposed by Robert Hayward of the Centre for Health Evidence: "Clinical Decision Support Systems link health observations with health knowledge to influence health choices by clinicians for improved health care."