The statements made in this page (below) apply to any content on this website that links to this page (for example a "Disclaimer" link at the bottom of a page). You must obey laws and regulations that apply to your use of this wiki, such as: copyright laws, or regulations at your place of work or study.
The GM-RKB portion of my website (http://www.gabormelli.com/RKB) is created as a personal hobby and is intended to help me with my personal research interests. The information on this wiki website ("the Content") is on the Web largely to enable me to use web search engines to find relevant pages. Having it on the web may also help to promote the published work of authors and publishers. Please contact me if you become aware of some unintended negative outcome from its content or its existence (for copyright infringement notices see special section below).
This wiki website has and can become unavailable without notice. I make no service guarantees of any kind.
This site contains some material that is copyrighted by others. While this material is always duly referenced where quoted, the use of some material has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Because, as stated above, this site is made openly available to help advance research, I believe that making this copyrighted material openly available constitutes a 'fair use'.
Any novel content posted on this site by myself and others is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license.
Information for re-users
You can re-use content from GM-RKB freely, with the exception of content that is used under "fair use" exemptions, or similar exemptions of copyright law. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Re-use of text
- Attribution: To re-distribute a text page in any form, provide credit to the authors either by including a) a hyperlink (where possible) or URL to the page or pages you are re-using, b) a hyperlink (where possible) or URL to an alternative, stable online copy which is freely accessible, which conforms with the license, and which provides credit to the authors in a manner equivalent to the credit given on this website, or c) a list of all authors. (Any list of authors may be filtered to exclude very small or irrelevant contributions.) Text from external sources may attach additional attribution requirements to the work, which we will strive to indicate clearly to you. For example, a page may have a banner or other notation indicating that some or all of its content was originally published somewhere else. Where such notations are visible in the page itself, they should generally be preserved by re-users.
- Copyleft/Share Alike: If you make modifications or additions to the page you re-use, you must license them under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 or later.
- Indicate changes: If you make modifications or additions, you must indicate in a reasonable fashion that the original work has been modified. If you are re-using the page in a wiki, for example, indicating this in the page history is sufficient.
- Licensing notice: Each copy or modified version that you distribute must include a licensing notice stating that the work is released under CC-BY-SA and either a) a hyperlink or URL to the text of the license or b) a copy of the license. For this purpose, a suitable URL is: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
- For further information, please refer to the legal code of the CC-BY-SA License.
- Additional availability of text under the GNU Free Documentation License
- For compatibility reasons, any page which does not incorporate text that is exclusively available under CC-BY-SA or a CC-BY-SA-compatible license is also available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. In order to determine whether a page is available under the GFDL, review the page footer, page history, and discussion page for attribution of single-licensed content that is not GFDL-compatible. All text published before June 15th, 2009 was released under the GFDL, and you may also use the page history to retrieve content published before that date to ensure GFDL compatibility.
- Re-use of non-text media
- Where not otherwise noted, non-text media files are available under various free culture licenses, consistent with the GM-RKB Licensing Policy. Please view the media description page for details about the license of any specific media file.
Notification of Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, or that any link on the Site directs users to another web site containing material that infringes upon any copyright you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Copyright Agent as set forth below.
Notice and Procedure for Notifying Designated Agent of Claims of Copyright Infringement
I will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged infringement that are reported to my Designated Agent, as follows:
Grant Hughes c/o McQuarrie Hunter 15th Floor, Central City Tower, Suite 1500 13450 102nd Avenue, Surrey, BC V3T 5X3 ---- Phone: 604.581.7001 Fax: 604.581.7110 Toll Free: 1.877.581.7001
If you believe that your copyright has been infringed upon, please submit written notification to my Designated Agent as specified above and include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed upon, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that you're claiming has been infringed upon or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Both of the following statements:
- "I hereby state that I have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g. as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright, or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
- Your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Any errors will be corrected on request.
Postings by Others
- Postings by others do not represent my opinion (I perform minimal filtering).
- If you are presenting a lot of information, or any information that is valuable or commercial in nature, then you should post it on your own wiki or website, and not here.
- You must cite the author and source of any posted content (as you would material from any printed work). The citation must include all copyright information and other information associated with the content
- All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.
- All responsibility for the application of any information taken from these messages is wholly upon and at the discretion of the individual choosing to use it. Consultation with a vet or physician (as applicable) is encouraged. The Avianweb LLC is not liable for the use or misuse of any advice or information provided.
- We do not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the content of this site.
- The content is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. We assume no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here.
- Links to other Internet sites are for the convenience of users. We are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
- We may attempt to track your usage of this website to better understand how the website is used. For example, we use Google Analytics.