Inference Computing System
- AKA: Inference Engine, Inferencing System, Inferencing Computing System.
- It can apply an Inference Rule.
- See: Expert System, Production Computing System, Logic System.
- (Wikipedia, 2013) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inference_engine
- In computer science, and specifically the branches of knowledge engineering and artificial intelligence, an inference engine is a computer program that tries to derive answers from a knowledge base. It is the "brain" that expert systems use to reason about the information in the knowledge base for the ultimate purpose of formulating new conclusions. Inference engines are considered to be a special case of reasoning engines, which can use more general methods of reasoning.