(Redirected from Normalize)
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=normalization
- S: (n) standardization, standardisation, normalization, normalisation (the imposition of standards or regulations) "a committee was appointed to recommend terminological standardization"
- 1. Any process that makes something more normal or regular, which typically means conforming to some regularity or rule, or returning from some state of abnormality.
- 2. standardization, act of imposing standards or norms or rules or regulations.
- 3. (computing) In relational database design, a process that breaks down data into record groups for efficient processing, by eliminating redundancy.
- 4. (diplomacy) Process of establishing normal diplomatic relations between two countries
- 5. (economics) globalization, the process of making a worldwide normal and dominant model of production and consumption
- 6. Template:operations Making a normalized production.
- 7. (politics) Sharing or enforcement of standard policies
- 8. (sociology) A process whereby artificial and unwanted norms of behaviour and models of behaviour are made to seem natural and wanted, through propaganda, influence, imitation and conformity.
- 9. (statistics) The process of removing statistical error in repeated measured data.
- Broadly, normalization (also spelled normalisation) is any process that makes something more normal, which typically means conforming to some regularity or rule, or returning from some state of abnormality. It has specific meanings in various fields:
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(database)
- Database normalization, sometimes referred to as canonical synthesis, is a technique for designing relational database tables to minimize duplication of information and, in so doing, to safeguard the database against certain types of logical or structural problems, namely data anomalies. ...
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(image_processing)
- In image processing, normalization is a process that changes the range of pixel intensity values. Applications include photographs with poor contrast due to glare, for example. Normalization is sometimes called contrast stretching. ...
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(mathematical)
- The concept of a normalizing constant arises in probability theory and a variety of other areas of mathematics.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(statistics)
- In one usage in statistics, normalization is the process of removing statistical error in repeated measured data. A normalization is sometimes based on a property. Quantile normalization, for instance, is normalization based on the magnitude of the measures.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_microarray#Microarrays_and_bioinformatics
- In DNA Microarray processing, normalization refers to the calibration of data values in order for a snapshot to be compared to those of others. Examples include: Cross Array Normalization, Linear Normalization
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=normalize
- S: (v) normalize, normalise (become normal or return to its normal state) "Let us hope that relations with this country will normalize soon"
- S: (v) normalize, normalise, renormalize, renormalise (make normal or cause to conform to a norm or standard) "normalize relations with China"; "normalize the temperature"; "normalize the spelling"
- S: (v) anneal, temper, normalize (bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling) "temper glass"