- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=scalar
- S: (n) scalar (a variable quantity that cannot be resolved into components)
- S: (adj) scalar (of or relating to a musical scale) "he played some basic scalar patterns on his guitar"
- S: (adj) scalar (of or relating to a directionless magnitude (such as mass or speed etc.) that is completely specified by its magnitude) "scalar quantity"
- Definition:A scalar, generally speaking, is another name for "real number."
- (Wall et al., 1996) ⇒ Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen, and Randal L. Schwartz. (1996). “Programming Perl, 2nd edition." O'Reilly. ISBN:1565921496
- scalar: A simple value, such as a number or string.