Syntactic Parsing Task
(Redirected from Syntactic Parsing)
A Syntactic Parsing Task is a parsing task that requires the production of a syntactic parse tree.
- a Sentence.
- a Syntax (of some Formal Language).
- optional: a Parser.
- output: a Syntactic Representation.
- It can be solved by a Syntactic Parsing System.
- It can range from being a Shallow Syntactic Parsing Task to being a Deep Syntactic Parsing Task.
- See: Syntactic Acceptance Task, DNA Analysis.
- Parsing assigns a terminal syntactic category to each input token and a non-terminal category to each appropriate group of tokens, up to the level of the whole sentence. Parsing is usually preceded by lexical analysis.