(Redirected from context)
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=context
- S: (n) context, linguistic context, context of use (discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation)
- S: (n) context, circumstance, setting (the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event) "the historical context"
- 1. the text in which a word or passage appears and which helps ascertain its meaning
- 2. the surroundings, circumstances, environment, background or settings which determine, specify, or clarify the meaning of an event.
- In what context did your attack on him happen? - We had a pretty tense relationship at the time, and when he insulted me I snapped.