Data Mining Algorithm
(Redirected from data mining technique)
- AKA: Data Analysis Method.
- It can (typically) require few assumptions of the underlying data (be a Non-Parametric Modeling Algorithm).
- It can (sometimes) be a Machine Learning Algorithm, Statistical Modeling Algorithm, Numerical Analysis Algorithm, ...
- It can range from being a Data Understanding Algorithm to being a Predictive Modeling Algorithm.
- It can range from being an IID Data Mining Algorithm to being a Non-IID Data Mining Algorithm (such as a temporal analysis algorithm or a spatial analysis algorithm).
- See: Data Mining Library, Numerical Analysis Algorithm, Data Compression Algorithm, Human In-the-loop Algorithm.
- (Wu & Kumar, 2009) ⇒ Xindong Wu, and Vipin Kumar, editors. (2009). “The Top Ten Algorithms in Data Mining.” Chapman & Hall. ISBN:1420089641
- (Han & Kamber, 2006) ⇒ Jiawei Han, and Micheline Kamber. (2006). “Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, 2nd ed." Morgan Kaufmann. ISBN:1558609016