(Redirected from member of)
A MemberOf Relation is a strict partial order binary relation between a thing (the member) an another thing.
- AKA: ∈, Member Of Relation, In, Membership, Element Of.
- It can be a:
- It can be read as "[math]x[/math] is a member of set [math]X[/math]".
- It can be written as: "[math]x \in X[/math]"
- Set Member Relation, such as an Is A Type Of Relation (between a subclass concept and a superclass concept).
- Multiset Member Relation, such as between a Multiset Member and a Multiset.
- Sequence Member Relation, such as between a Sequence Member and a Sequence.
- String Member Relation, such as between a String Member and a string.
- Tuple Member Relation, such as between a Tuple Member and a Tuple.
- See: Non-Member Relation, Subset Relation, IsA Relation.