Multiclass Classification Task
(Redirected from problem of multiclass classification)
- AKA: Multiomial Classification.
- input: an Artifact.
- output: a Multiset.
- measure: Multi-Class Performance Measure.
- It can range from being a Heuristic Multiple-Classes Classification Task to being an Data-Driven Multiple-Classes Classification Task.
- It can range from being a Few Multiple-Classes Classification Task to being a Large Multiclass Classification Task.
- It can be solved by a Multiclass Classification System (that implements a multiclass classification algorithm).
- See: Classification Algorithm.
- (Ramswamy et al., 2001) ⇒ Sridhar Ramaswamy, Pablo Tamayo, Ryan Rifkin, Sayan Mukherjee, Chen-Hsiang Yeang, Michael Angelo, Christine Ladd, Michael Reich, Eva Latulippe, Jill P. Mesirov, Tomaso Poggio, William Gerald, Massimo Loda, Eric S. Lander, and Todd R. Golub. (2001). “Multiclass Cancer Diagnosis Using Tumor Gene Expression Signatures.” In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 98(26) doi:10.1073/pnas.211566398