(Redirected from pronoun)
- AKA: Pronoun Word, Pronoun Mention, Pronoun Entity Mention, Grammatical Noun.
- "her", as in "[Cathy] went to [her] reunion by herself." is a Personal Pronoun.
- "herself", as in "[Cathy] went to her reunion by [herself]."
- "I", as in "".
- "you", as in "...".
- See: Grammatical Verb, Anaphor.
- a function word that is used in place of a noun or noun phrase
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoun
- In linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that substitutes for a noun phrase (including a noun phrase consisting of a single noun) with or without a determiner, such as ' and ' in English. The replaced phrase is the antecedent of the pronoun. ...
- Wiktionary http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Pronoun
- A type of noun that refers anaphorically to another noun or noun phrase, but which cannot ordinarily be preceded by a determiner and rarely takes ...