(Redirected from search)
A Search Task is a general task that requires the identification of a point in a search space given a search query.
- AKA: Retrieval Task.
- a Dataset
- a Search Query.
- optional: a Relevance Function.
- output: a set of Matching Items.
- Task Requirements:
- a Repository of information stored in a computer system.
- It can be solved by a Search System (that implements a Search algorithm).
- It can range from being a Domain-Specific Search Task (such as an entity search) to being a General Search Task.
- It can range from being an Exact Search Task to being an Approximate Search Task.
- any Similarity Search Task.
- It can range, based on the Dataset Type, from being a String Search Task, Tuple Search Task, Graph Search Task.
- any Information Search Task.
- Find the four restaurants that are closest to my house, a Nearest Neighbor Search Task.
- Find all documents that include the phrases "Search Task" and "Algorithm", a Keyword Search Task.
- an Optimization Task, Constraint Satisfaction Task, Detection Task, Filter Task,
- an Information Retrieval Task such as a Keyword Search Task.
- a Video Search Task.
- an Audio Search Task.
- See: Discovery Task, Finding Task.