Semantic Annotation Algorithm
(Redirected from semantic annotation method)
- AKA: Semantic Tagging Method.
- See: Information Extraction from Text Algorithm.
- (Ding & Embley, 2006) ⇒ Yihong Ding and David W. Embley. (2006). “Using Data-Extraction Ontologies to Foster Automating Semantic Annotation.” In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering Workshops (ICDEW '06). doi:10.1109/ICDEW.2006.158
- ~10 http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=%22Using+Data-Extraction+Ontologies+to+Foster+automating+semantic+annotation%22+2006
- ABSTRACT: Semantic annotation adds formal metadata to web pages to link web data with ontology concepts. Automated semantic annotation is a primary way of enabling the semantic web. A main drawback of existing automated semantic annotation approaches is that they need a post-extraction mapping between extraction categories and ontology concepts. This mapping requirement usually needs human intervention, which decreases automation. Our approach uses data-extraction ontologies to avoid this problem. To automate semantic annotation, the new approach uses an ontology-based data recognizer that fosters automated semantic annotation, optimizes the system performance, provides support for ontology assembly, and is compatible with semantic web standards.
- (Arlotta et al., 2003) ⇒ Luigi Arlotta, Valter Crescenzi, Giansalvatore Mecca, and Paolo Merialdo. (2003). “Automatic Annotation of Data Extracted from Large Web Sites.” In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on Web and Databases (WebDB 2003).