(Redirected from service)
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=service
- S: (n) service (work done by one person or group that benefits another) "budget separately for goods and services"
- S: (n) service (an act of help or assistance) "he did them a service"
- S: (n) service, religious service, divine service (the act of public worship following prescribed rules) "the Sunday service"
- S: (n) service (a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation)
- S: (n) service (employment in or work for another) "he retired after 30 years of service"
- S: (n) military service, armed service, service (a force that is a branch of the armed forces)
- S: (n) Service, Robert William Service (Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958))
- S: (n) avail, help, service (a means of serving) "of no avail"; "there's no help for it"
- S: (n) service, table service (tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table)
- S: (n) servicing, service (the act of mating by male animals) "the bull was worth good money in servicing fees"
- S: (n) service ((law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him)
- S: (n) serve, service ((sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play) "his powerful serves won the game"
- S: (n) service, serving, service of process (the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone) "he accepted service of the subpoena"
- S: (n) overhaul, inspection and repair, service (periodic maintenance on a car or machine) "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
- S: (n) service (the performance of duties by a waiter or servant) "that restaurant has excellent service"
- S: (v) service, serve (be used by; as of a utility) "The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"; "The garage served to shelter his horses"
- S: (v) service (make fit for use) "service my truck"; "the washing machine needs to be serviced"
- S: (v) serve, service (mate with) "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"