(Redirected from statement)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It can range from being a Real Statement (such as a factual statement) to being an Unreal Statement (such as a counterfactual conditional).
- It can range from being a Formal Statement to being an Informal Statement.
- It can range from being a Declarative Statement to being a Query Statement.
- It can range from being a Human Processable Statement to being a Machine Processable Statement (such as a computer program statement).
- It can range from being a Non-Conditional Statement to being a Conditional Statement.
- It can (often) represent a Belief.
- See: Expression, Truth Condition, Tautological Statement.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=statement
- S: (n) statement (a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc) "according to his statement he was in London on that day"
- S: (n) argument, statement (a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true) "it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"
- S: (n) statement ((music) the presentation of a musical theme) "the initial statement of the sonata"
- S: (n) statement (a nonverbal message) "a Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"; "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
- S: (n) affirmation, assertion, statement (the act of affirming or asserting or stating something)
- S: (n) instruction, command, statement, program line ((computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program)
- S: (n) statement, financial statement (a document showing credits and debits)