(Redirected from summary)
A text summary is a text document that summarizes the discourse of one or more text documents and that is a significantly shorter document.
- It can be produced by a Text Summarization Task.
- any Document Abstract, such as a Research Paper Abstract.
- a News Story Summary.
- a Product Review Summary.
- a Synopsis.
- an Essay.
- a Paraphrase.
- See: Writing Task, Lossy Compression.
- (Radev et al., 2002) ⇒ Dragomir Radev, Eduard Hovy, and Kathleen R. McKeown. (2002). “Introduction to the Special Issue on Summarization.” In: Computational Linguistics, 28(4). doi:10.1162/089120102762671927