Capital Tax Program
(Redirected from taxes on capital)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- AKA: Wealth Tax.
- It can range from being a Regional Wealth Tax to being a National Capital Tax to being a Global Wealth Tax.
- It can range from being a Personal Wealth Tax to being a Corporate Wealth Tax.
- It can be muted by a Capital Tax Forgiveness Program, such as a capital tax forgiveness on new investment.
- It can be a policy tool to restrain runway Capitalism.
- See: Progressive Tax.
- A tax on a corporation's taxable capital, comprising capital stock, surpluses, indebtedness and reserves. Capital tax is applicable to capital owned by a company, not its spending. Capital taxes, in contrast to income taxes, are charged regardless of the profitability of the firm.
- (Piketty, 2014) ⇒ Thomas Piketty. (2014). “Capital in the Twenty-First Century." Harvard University Press. ISBN:9780674369559