(Redirected from theorem)
See: Mathematical Theorem.
- a proposition deducible from basic postulates
- an idea accepted as a demonstrable truth
- In mathematics, a theorem is a statement proven on the basis of previously accepted or established statements. In mathematical logic, theorems are modeled as formulas that can be derived according to the derivation rules of a fixed formal system.
- A mathematical statement of some importance that has been proven to be true. Minor theorems are often called propositions. ...
- theorem is a proposition deduced from an axiom.