- (Madhyastha et al., 2003) ⇒ Harsha V. Madhyastha, N. Balakrishnan, K. R. Ramakrishnan. (2003). “Event Information Extraction Using Link Grammar.” In: Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Research Issues in Data Engineering: Multi-lingual Information Management (RIDE 2003).
Subject Headings: Information Extraction
The link grammar system assigns a syntactic structure to natural language text. It is a dictionary-based system. Each word in the dictionary is associated with a set of links. A link ending with ‘+’ implies that word has to make that link with some word to its right and similarly ‘-’ stands for a link with a word to its left. A typical entry in the dictionary is
man : D- & (O- or S+)"
-  C. Fellbaum. Wordnet, an electronic lexical database. The MIT Press, 1998.
-  A. Janevski. Information extraction from university web pages. Master’s Thesis, University of Kentucky, 2000.
-  N. Kushmerick, D. Weld, and R. Doorenbos. Wrapper induction for information extraction. International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1997.
-  T. R. Leek. Information extraction using hidden markov models. Master’s Thesis, University of California, San Diego, 1997.
-  D. Moll, M. Hess, and J. Berri. An answer extraction system for unix manpages. Technical Report, Computational Linguistics, University of Zurich, 1998.
-  I. Muslea. Extraction patterns for information extraction tasks : A survey. The AAAI Workshop on Machine Learning for Information Extraction, 1999.
-  I. Muslea, S. Milton, and C. Knoblock. A hierarchial approach to wrapper induction. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Autonomous Agents, 1999.
-  K. Seymore, Andrew McCallum, and R. Rosenfeld. Learning hidden markov model structure for information extraction. AAAI Workshop on Machine Learning for Information Extraction, 1999.
-  D. Sleator and D. Temperly. Parsing english with a link grammar. Carnegie Mellon University Computer Science technical report, CMU-CS-91-196, 1991.
-  K. Techner. A literature survey on information extraction and text summarization. Computational Linguistics Program, 1997.