A Research Act is an analysis act of a research task by a Researcher Entity (such as a research team).
- It can range from being Applied Research Activity to being Basic Research Activity.
- It can range from being Empirical Research Activity to being a Theoretical Research Activity.
- Scientific Research, such as:
- Humanities Research, such as: ...
- Aesthetic Research, such as: ...
- See: Practice, Applied Research, Basic Research, Development Activity.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=research
- S: (v) research (attempt to find out in a systematically and scientific manner) "The student researched the history of that word"
- S: (v) research, search, explore (inquire into) "the students had to research the history of the Second World War for their history project"; "He searched for information on his relatives on the web"; "Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness"
- Template:Transitive to search or examine with continued care; to seek diligently.
- Template:Intransitive to make an extensive investigation into.
- Template:Transitive to search again.
- (Webb et al., 2001) ⇒ Geoffrey I. Webb, Michael J. Pazzani, and Daniel Billsus. (2001). “Machine Learning for User Modeling.” In: Journal for User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, 11(1-2) doi:10.1023/A:1011117102175
- The current ML for UM resurgence has witnessed tremendous research activity. In contrast, the field still has a dearth of fielded applications.