- a Text Search System;
- a Semantic Search System;
- a Keyword Search System;
- a Web Search System such as: Google Search System, Yahoo Search System, Bing Search, ...;
- a Document Search System;
- a Video Search System;
- an Image Search System;
- a Database Search System;
- a Repository Search System;
- an Ontology Search System;
- Counter Example(s):
- See: Data Mining System, Language Processing System, Query System.
- (Martin, 2017) ⇒ Eric Martin (2017). "Search Engines: Applications of ML". In: Sammut & Webb (2017). DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4899-7687-1_750
- QUOTE: The general structure of a search engine is described. An overview of those information retrieval methods that are relevant to web search in that they take the existence of hyperlinks between documents into account, is provided. A suggested classification of web queries as either navigational, transactional, or informational has been suggested. More generally, a good understanding of users’ needs and practice allows for query rewriting or for redirection to domain-specific databases.
- (Mukhopadhyay et al., 2011) ⇒ Debajyoti Mukhopadhyay, Aritra Banik, Sreemoyee Mukherjee, Jhilik Bhattacharya, and Young-Chon Kim. (2011). “A Domain Specific Ontology Based Semantic Web Search Engine.” In: Proceedings of 7th International Workshop on MSPT (MSPT 2007).
- QUOTE: A search engine is a document retrieval system designed to help find information stored in a computer system, such as on the World Wide Web, inside a corporate or proprietary network, or in a personal computer.