- (Palmer, 1981) ⇒ Martha Palmer. (1981). “A Case for Rule-Driven Semantic Analysis.” In: Proceedings of the 19th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 1981).
Subject Headings: Semantic Analysis
- semantic analysis, is the process of extracting the information from a set of narrative descriptions for modeling the real world.
- 1 Bruce, B., Case system for natural language, "Artificial Intelligence," Vol. 6, No. 4, Winter, pp. 327--360.
- 2 Bundy, et-al, Solving Mechanics Problems Using Meta-level Inference, Expert Systems in the Micro-Electronic Age, Michie, D. (ed), Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, U.K., 1979.
- 3 Eugene Charniak, A brief on case, Working Paper No. 22, (Castagnola: Institute for Semantics and Cognitive Studies), 1975.
- 4. Fillmore, C., The case for case, Universals in Linguistic Theory, Bach and Harms (eds.) New York; Holt, Rinehart and Winston, pp. 1--88.
- 5. Fodor, Janet D., Semantics: Theories of Meaning in Generative Grammar, Language and Thought Series, Thomas Y. Crowell Co., Inc., 1977, p. 93
- 6. Gruber, J. S., Lexical Structures in Syntax and Semantics, North-Holland Pub. Co., 1976.
- 7. Jackendoff, R. S., Semantic Interpreter in Generative Grammar, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1972, p. 39.
- 8. Levin, B. "Instrumental With and the Control Relation in English," MIT Master's Thesis, 1979.
- 9. Novak, G. S., Computer Understanding of Physics Problems Stated in Natural Language, American Journal of Computational Linguistics, Microfiche 53, 1976.
- 10. Palmer, M., Where to Connect? Solving Problems in Semantics, DAI Working Paper No. 22, University of Edinburgh, July 1977.
- 11. Palmer, M., "Driving Semantics for a Limited Domain," Ph.D. Thesis, forthcoming, University of Edinburgh.
- 12. Palmer, M., Gallier, J., and Weiner, J., Implementations as Program Specifications: A Semantic Processer in Prolog, (submitted IJCAI, Vancouver, August 1981).
- 13. Simmons, R. F., Semantic Networks: Their Computation and Use for Understanding English Sentences, Computer Models of Thought and Language, Schank and Colby (eds.) San Francisco: W. H. Freeman and Co., 1973.
- 14. Wilks, Y., Processing Case, "American Journal of Computational Linguistics," 1976.
- 15. Woods, W. A., Semantics and Quantification in Natural Language Question Answering, BBN Report 3687, Cambridge, Mass, November 1977.,