- AKA: Adversary Model.
- See: Competitive Analysis (Online Algorithm), Formal Game, Online Algorithm, Randomized Algorithm, Generative Adversarial Network (GAN), Adversary.
- (Wikipedia, 2018) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adversary_model Retrieved:2018-3-4.
- The three common adversaries are the oblivious adversary, the adaptive online adversary, and the adaptive offline adversary.
- The oblivious adversary is sometimes referred to as the weak adversary. This adversary knows the algorithm's code, but does not get to know the randomized results of the algorithm.
- The adaptive online adversary is sometimes called the medium adversary. This adversary must make its own decision before it is allowed to know the decision of the algorithm.
- The adaptive offline adversary is sometimes called the strong adversary. This adversary knows everything, even the random number generator. This adversary is so strong that randomization does not help against him.