An author is a writer who can perform an authoring task (to create a publication).
- They can be the Referent of an Author Referencer (such as an Author Mention or an Author Record).
- They can be the First Author.
- They can be in a Co-Author Relation with another author.
- a Novelist.
- a Essayist.
- a Research Publication Author.
- a Speaker.
- a Citation.
- a Document Editor.
- See: Story Teller, Author Coreference Resolution Task.
- (Wikipedia, 2015) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/author Retrieved:2015-9-13.
- An author is broadly defined as "the person who originated or gave existence to anything" and whose authorship determines responsibility for what was created. Narrowly defined, an author is the originator of any written work and can also be described as a writer.