(Redirected from Conceptual Hierarchy)
- a Taxonomy.
- See: Concept, Hierarchy, IsA Relation, Children, OLAP Cube.
- (Gonzalez, 2006) ⇒ Hector Gonzalez, Jiawei Han, and Xiaolei Li. (2006). “Flowcube: Constructing RFID flowcubes for multi-dimensional analysis of commodity flows.” In: Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very large data bases (VLDB 2006).
- A concept hierarchy is a tree where nodes correspond to concepts, and edges correspond to is-a relationships between concepts. The most concrete concepts reside at the leafs of the tree, while the most general concept, denoted `*', resides at the apex of the tree and represents any concept. The level of abstraction of a concept in the hierarchy is the level at which the concept is located in the tree.
- (Zaiane, 1999) ⇒ Osmar Zaiane. (1999). “Glossary of Data Mining Terms." University of Alberta, Computing Science CMPUT-690: Principles of Knowledge Discovery in Databases.
- QUOTE: Concept Hierarchy: A concept hierarchy defines a drilling path within a dimension.